Other InsurancesFine Art Insurance
Table of ContentsFine Art Insurance
Need More Info? Get on a call with us.
Fine Art Insurance
Fine art insurance provides cover against physical loss or physical damage occurring during the period of insurance while at the named location(s) or within the territorial limits specified in the Schedule. This policy is designed to meet the needs of Corporate Collector, Individual Collector, Fine Art Dealers, Museums, Antique Dealers, and Art Exhibitions. It includes:
- Visual Art --ceramics, murals, works on paper
- Collectibles-rare stamps
- Vintage vehicles
- Any object subject to value appreciation due to age, description, history, and rarity
The policy provides a comprehensive All Risk cover against accidental loss or damage whilst:
- In Named premises
- Unnamed premises (to opt as an extension)
- New acquisition limit (with 60 days PPW)
- In Transit (to opt as an extension) for both India and Foreign
- Exhibitions / Art Fairs (to opt as an extension)
Add on Cover
- Worldwide cover for transit
- Worldwide cover for new acquisitions
- Exhibitions cover
- Defective Title
- Automatic reinstatement
- Replacement of Keys and Locks
- Temporary Storage Costs
- Natural aging
- Gradual deterioration
- Inherent defect
- Rust/ oxidation, moth, vermin, warping, shrinking
- Loss during repairing, reframing, restoring, retouching
- Aridity, humidity, exposure to light, heat unless caused by fire, storm/frost
- Loss by collusion of a partner, director
- Inventory loss
- At fairs, unless notified
- War and warlike activity
- Terrorism unless opted as an extension
All Risks Cover
- The art insurance policy covers loss or damage caused by fire, lightning strikes, and natural catastrophes like storm, tempest, and flood. Riots, strikes, and malicious damage are also covered.
- The policy also reimburses losses and damages due to burglary, theft, and defective title.
- Loss due to employee dishonesty can also be covered under artwork insurance Financial Protection
- Fine art insurance provides security to art pieces, antique furniture, and statues by providing cost of repair of property which can get damaged due to various types of risk.
- Artwork insurance will also pay if the art gets damaged during handling and improper packaging.
- It offers a financial cushion to your business, which may get impacted due to such uncertain events
In the event of loss, the following are immediate actions to be taken
To intimate to the insurer the occurrence of loss, submit a full statement in writing of the claim, provide the nature and extent of loss, and also the estimate of loss. Any delay in intimation might jeopardize the claim as the insurer may express an inability in accepting liability of the loss/damage.
- To take all steps to reduce and minimize the extent of loss/damage and liability.
- The proximate cause of the loss and assess the type/extent and whether it is within the scope of the policy.
- To extend full co-operation to the insurer and the surveyor appointed for completion of the survey work and proper assessment of the loss.
- Produce all such records and proof as may be required by the surveyor or the
- The insurer for arriving at the extent of loss and the liability under the policy.
- Provide documents such as, claim form, claim bill, copy of Policy, Evaluation of artwork, FIR (in case of theft)
- Keep the damaged property under the safe custody until advised by the surveyor/insurer regarding its disposal.
- Identification of the subject-matter insured.
Why Choose PrishaPolicy
5 Reasons why you should choose us to be your policy issuing partner of choice. Allow us to tell you why we are one of the fastest growing insurance brokers.
For us, you always come first. Our products and services are designed to find the best coverage for all.
A Decade of Market Leadership
Our teams expertise and experience makes them the perfect guides in choosing a policy that fits your needs.
Reliable and Consistent
Rest assured that everything will be taken care of without a glitch. From shortlisting to claims processing & delivering promises without a hitch.
Guided Policy Assistance
Our experts are forever ready to assist you through each policy detail with a fine-tooth comb.
Our DNA prompts - Sales is incomplete without timely support. From start to end, we facilitate smooth processing from lodging to settlement.